Teacher Training also on ZOOM
During your time with us on the salsa instructor course you will learn all that you need. This will include the following:
- The principles of teaching salsa
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills with regard to structuring movement patterns and salsa classes
- Musical understanding
- History of Salsa
- Different styles of Salsa and Latin American dances
- Technique and Salsa styling
- How to create a safe environment to avoid student injuries
Our Salsa teaching programme is easy to follow, straightforward and will provide you will all of the essential skills required to teach other students.
What you learn
By the time that you have completed your course with us, you will be fully knowledgeable when it comes to:
- Musicality – understanding Salsa timing and instruments
- Footwork – knowledge of basic step patterns
- Partnership – lead and or following, partner empathy
- Dance vocabulary – the terminology of dance teaching
- Understanding – experience of salsa and Latin dance
"*" indicates required fields
The Salsa Instructor Course will include 15 hours of one-to-one salsa instruction with Maria Palmieri and is fully inclusive of 50 hours apprenticeship. This is the equivalent of a 1 year Full Time training Course. The breakdown is as follows, including practical time assisting group lessons:
- Study of the history of Salsa.
- Musical understanding of instruments and timing.
- Study of different Salsa techniques and styles: Cuban, L.A. London, New York and La Rueda de Casino.
- Study of different Latin American dances: Mambo, Cha Cha, Merengue, Rumba, Bachata.
- Introduction to NLP (Nero Linguistic Programming) for enhanced communication skills.
- Complete audio package for teaching – several CDs containing explanation of timing, instruments and more.
- Numerous multimedia material of international and experienced teachers of Salsa.
- Class structure and syllabus for: Beginners and Improvers (for Intermediate level only with previous experience).
- Training in how to organize and teach a Salsa course for beginner and improvers students.
- Learning the lead and follow of a comprehensive step sequence for teaching beginner, improver Salsa classes (for intermediate level, only with previous experience).
- Spinning techniques for male and female.
- Salsa styling tips for male and female.
- Essential marketing strategies for your own dance business.
- Testing and inspection of participant with external teachers.
- Certificate upon successful completion of the Salsa instructor course (Note: In Salsa there is no current International Governing Body that accepts and/or recognises any specific certificate).
After the training, you will need to complete 10 hours of practice before you gain your certificate.Once you begin to teach, you will need to have insurance liability in place and a CRB check. Get in touch with us today and get your Salsa Teacher Training course booked.