Bachata Dance Classes
Tuesday can be a boring day of the week – too far away from the weekend and yet very close to Mondays! However, we can resolve your boredom problems with Bachata lessons in London on Tuesdays.
- Saw Swee Hock Centre venue requires everyone to show an NHS-registered negative lateral flow test result.
- Sign In prior to your lesson
- Experienced Instructors for each lesson
- The technique of Lead-Follow for Ladies and Gentleman
- FREE Social dancing after the lessons
- Spacious Dance Floor with a capacity of more than 100 people
- Great music & friendly atmosphere
- You do not need a partner.
- You can start at any time.
- Learn Bachata
- Meet people
- Have fun!
Dominican Bachata Class Levels Explained
From 5 of October 2021
General Level: Dominican Bachata
- basic step and count of Dominican bachata
- fundamentals of Dominican footwork “Flow y Sabor.”
- syncopated rhythm (single)
- bachata challenge (a mini choreography with the first steps learned)
- partner work (the same mini-sequence adapted for partner work).
Authentic Dominican Teacher
Brandy, born and raised in the Dominican Republic has been dancing since he was just a kid in the streets of Santo Domingo and he is bringing to the UK the real “flow y sabor” of this tropical country! The classes will cover the basics of bachata Dominicana, including its origins and cultural background as well as footwork and partner sequences.
Mimi, of Italian origins with a Latin soul and extensive experience in different dancing styles, will assist during the classes with a touch of lady style making you fall in love with the beauty and dynamic of this dance. Vamonos!
Fusion/Sensual Bachata Class Levels Explained
Level 1: Beginners (6-18 weeks training)
This level is for anyone new to Bachata. It focuses on learning all the basic steps, turns, and body movements, along with the different holds and elements of leading and following
Level 2: Improvers (6-12 months training)
This level is to move from the basics to the next level. It focuses on learning all the foundations and elements in Bachata. On this level you will learn faster spins, double turns, turn combos, body isolation, deeps, footwork and some styling.
Level 3: Intermediate (12 months training onwards)
This level takes you from the fundamentals to all its variations. You will learn variations of the fundamentals, and how to combine and link different movements and styling.
Bachata Class Structure
Bachata Fusion: Levels 1,2,3: 7pm-8pm
Bachata fusion is a combination of different styles of Bachata as well as influences from other dances like reggaeton or hip hop. It combines traditional Dominican Bachata which is based on footwork, with turn patterns and some body movement from sensual Bachata. It is usually danced to faster music, with stronger beats. This is a very dynamic style with a lot of musicality and fun.
Bachata Sensual: Levels 1,2,3: 8pm-9pm
Bachata Sensual is a contemporary evolution of Bachata originated in Spain. It includes a range of body movements such as waves. body rolls, head rolls, and deeps and isolations. Body movement is combined with turn patterns that are danced to slower music. Bachata Sensual brings feeling, sensuality and the full expression of your body.